#GoldMyneTV

Direct: +234 8166001000

Email: info@goldmyne.tv


GoldMyneTV

Tinubu Orders EFCC To Unfreeze Osun Govt Account, Says Timing Before Governorship Election Is ‘Embarrassing’

The President also instructed the anti-graft agency to discontinue all related actions connected to the freezing of the state’s accounts.

President Bola Tinubu has directed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to immediately approach the court to vacate the order freezing the bank accounts of the Osun State Government, saying the timing of the action, coming just days before the state’s governorship election, could create the impression of federal interference in the poll.

The President also instructed the anti-graft agency to discontinue all related actions connected to the freezing of the state’s accounts.

In a statement on Thursday, Tinubu said he was “deeply embarrassed” by the timing of the EFCC’s action, stressing that although the commission acted pursuant to a court order and within its statutory mandate, the public would inevitably attribute the development to his administration.
“I feel deeply embarrassed not by the EFCC’s exercise of its mandate under a court order, but by the timing of the action,” the President said.
“Every action taken by an institution of State, especially at the Federal level, is always credited to me, as the President, even when I may not have had any prior knowledge of the action.”
Tinubu reiterated that he has consistently maintained that anti-corruption and law enforcement agencies must operate independently, professionally and without political interference.
According to him, he has deliberately refrained from interfering in the operational activities of the EFCC and other investigative agencies since assuming office.
However, he said the decision to freeze Osun State’s accounts at a time the state is preparing for its governorship election was ill-timed.
“The timing is inauspicious because Osun State is only a few days away from its gubernatorial election,” the President said.
“Nothing ought to be done to give an impression that the EFCC or indeed any other agency of the federal government is being used to interfere with the election.”
The President’s directive comes less than a day after the EFCC publicly defended its decision to obtain a court order freezing the accounts of the Osun State Government.
The commission had said it began investigating the state government in March 2026 over the alleged fraudulent handling of Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and allocations from the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) amounting to about N11 billion.
According to the EFCC, several officials of the state government, including the Accountant General, had been questioned as part of the investigation.
The anti-graft agency explained that although the investigation had been ongoing for months, it only sought a Post No Debit order after discovering what it described as “precipitate and unwarranted” movement of public funds from government accounts into several corporate entities beginning on August 2, 2026.
“The Commission noticed huge transfers of funds into different corporate entities and had to swiftly halt the trend by freezing the accounts from which such heavy funds are being moved,” the EFCC had said.
The commission insisted that the action was taken to prevent the alleged looting of public funds and was not politically motivated despite the proximity of the governorship election.
It also stated that several other states were under similar financial scrutiny, maintaining that it remained “non-partisan and non-sectarian” in carrying out its investigative responsibilities.
“The Osun State government account was frozen to save public funds from being looted,” the commission said, urging Nigerians to disregard what it described as false narratives aimed at discrediting its work.
Tinubu’s intervention is expected to ease political tension in Osun, where the freezing of the state’s accounts had triggered controversy amid heightened political activities ahead of the governorship election.

1 week ago | [YT] | 88

GoldMyneTV

The FCT High Court has ordered the final forfeiture of properties, including N4.6 billion jewellery and N4.3 billion exotic cars, linked to Aisha Achimugu, to the federal government

The properties include:
- Jewellery worth N4.6 billion
- 11 exotic cars worth N4.3 billion
- $50,000
- N30 million

Justice Jude Onwugbuzie granted the final forfeiture application filed by the EFCC and dismissed Achimugu's objections.

Aisha Achimugu, who has been in a running battle with the EFCC, had lost $13 million to the federal government on March 25, when the Federal High Court ordered the final forfeiture of the funds linked to Aisha Achimugu and her firm Oceangate Engineering Oil & Gas Ltd.

EFCC had argued that Achimugu's firm (Oceangate) used the funds suspected to be proceeds of unlawful activity to acquire oil blocks from the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission.

Her lawyers argued that the $13m was from her business earnings and gifts she received, but the EFCC rejected the company’s claim that the money comprised gifts received by Achimugu, noting that she did not appear before the court to justify the funds.

They stated that part of the money originated from funds transferred by a state government to contractors for public projects, but were subsequently moved to Oceangate despite the absence of any contractual relationship.

1 month ago | [YT] | 67

GoldMyneTV

Eight Kidnappers Arrested, Others Killed During Rescue Of Oyo Pupils, Teachers

The presidency has confirmed that eight kidnappers were arrested, while others were neutralised during the rescue of all the teachers and pupils abducted in Ogbomoso, Oyo state.

The Special Adviser to President Bola Tinubu on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, announced in a post via his 𝕏 handle on Friday.

Onanuga said the arrested kidnappers are currently in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS).

According to the presidential spokesman, the security agencies will give full details of the account.

The post read, “Updated: in the course of the rescue operation, eight of the kidnappers were arrested and are now in DSS custody, while some of them were neutralised. There was no quid pro quo in the rescue as one of the terrorists, a kingpin, that the kidnappers demanded his release, is being prosecuted for his atrocities. The security agencies will give full account soon.”

Meanwhile, the Minister of Defence, Christopher Musa, recently revealed that terrorists responsible for the abduction of pupils and teachers from schools in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State threatened to kill the captives if security forces attempted to rescue them.

The Minister made the disclosure in a preview of an interview with News Central.

According to him, the bandits are using the victims as leverage to try to secure the release of some of their commanders who are in the custody of security forces.

He said: “For whatever reason, they are looking for leverage because we have some of their commanders with us, and they feel taking these kids and holding them to ransom will make us release their commander.

1 month ago | [YT] | 77

GoldMyneTV

Kidnapped pupils and teachers in Orire, Oyo have been rescued by our security agencies.

1 month ago | [YT] | 177

GoldMyneTV

NANS threatens shutdown of MTN, MultiChoice and Stanbic IBTC Bank

The President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has declared a nationwide protest against South African interests, threatening to shut down the operations of MTN and MultiChoice while urging Nigerians to close their accounts with Stanbic IBTC Bank.

According to the student leader, the planned action is in response to South Africa’s treatment of Nigeria and Nigerians. He said NANS is prepared to mobilise students across the country to ensure the protest is carried out.

“We are going to shut down MTN and MultiChoice. We will force Nigerians to close their accounts with Stanbic IBTC Bank,” the NANS President declared.

He maintained that the protest is aimed at putting pressure on South African-linked companies operating in Nigeria, calling on students and members of the public to support the action.

1 month ago | [YT] | 21

GoldMyneTV

Tony Elumelu to retire as UBA chairman after reaching CBN’s 12-year tenure limit

Billionaire investor and Philanthropist, Tony Elumelu will retire as Group Chairman of UBA on August 21, 2026, after completing the 12-year tenure limit for non-executive directors set by the CBN.

Under his leadership, UBA expanded into a pan-African banking powerhouse with operations in 20 African countries and 4 continents, serving more than 50 million customers.

The Board has named Emmanuel N. Nnorom, a long-serving Non-Executive Director and seasoned banking executive, as his successor.

1 month ago | [YT] | 114

GoldMyneTV

Accountant-general: PFIPC has no CBN account, received no funds

The office of the accountant-general of the federation (OAGF) says the presidential foreign intervention promotion council (PFIPC) has no operational account with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

TheCable reported that the federal government granted a waiver to the controversial PFIPC to recruit 300 members of staff in August 2025.

A review of the 2026 Appropriation Act also indicates that the Presidential Economic Advisory Council/Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council is expressly listed under the presidency, with a total budget of N1,302,978,784.

The allocation includes N802,978,783 for personnel costs, N200,000,001 for overhead expenditure and N300,000,000 for capital projects.

‘NO KOBO HAS BEEN RELEASED’

Responding during the weekend, Bawa Mokwa, director of public relations at the OAGF, noted that neither public funds nor salaries have been paid to the organisation.

Mokwa noted that although an application was made to open a CBN account, the process was never completed because the required documentation to activate the account was not submitted.

“You cannot open an account at the CBN without authorization from the Accountant General. The accountant general will authorise them to open an account at the CBN,” Mokwa said.

He pointed out that Adeniyi Adeyemi, the convener, approached the OAGF and presented an appointment letter, but alleged that the document related to an already existing agency rather than the PFIPC.

Mokwa said that the account-opening process began based on the document that was presented, but the account could not become operational because the names of the officials expected to serve as account signatories were never provided.

He said there was no channel through which the office of the accountant-general could release government funds to the agency due to the absence of an operational account.

He said the agency did not receive any budgetary allocation from the federal government.

“The account, till today, has not seen the light of day. It has not seen one kobo because the account is not completely operational,” Mokwa said.

“That portrays that he has not collected a dime. The AGF has not released a dime to him because they don’t even have a place where the money can be paid.”

He claimed that the agency did not receive any budgetary allocation from the federal government.

He noted that the council funding is expected to operate under the 2026 budget and has not yet reached the stage where it can receive government funding.

The director, however, denied reports that salaries had been paid to workers of the agency, saying it had not recruited any staff through the procedures required for federal establishments.

“Based on our knowledge, he has not employed anybody.”

Mokwa explained that before any federal agency can recruit workers and place them on the government payroll, it must first obtain the necessary approvals from the Federal Character Commission (FCC), the Budget Office and the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC).

He noted that after approval is granted can names of employees be submitted to the office of the accountant general for enrollment on the federal payroll and payment of salaries.

“If they give you a waiver for 200 people, you take the waiver to these agencies and then present the papers to the accountant general,” Mokwa explained.

“He cannot capture even one name without those approvals because once they are captured, payment will come from the budget.”

Mokwa added that none of those requirements had been completed.

Credit: TheCable

1 month ago | [YT] | 30

GoldMyneTV

Terrorists demand N300m after N40m ransom payment for kidnapped INEC CommissionerPublished on July 1, 2026 By Matthew Atungwu


Terrorists have demanded an extra N300 million ransom from the family of Niger State Independent Electoral Commission, NSIEC, Permanent Commissioner, Ahmed Mohammed, nine months after his abduction.


This is after the family of the victim has reportedly paid N40 million to the kidnappers to secure his release.

Recall that terrorists kidnapped Ahmed along the Mokwa–Ibbi Road in Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State on September 29, 2025, while travelling to Minna for an official assignment.


The incident happened shortly before the November 1, 2025 local government elections in the state, where he was expected to participate in official duties.

According to Daily Trust, a family member, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the abductors contacted the family again on Monday and asked whether they were ready to meet the fresh ransom demand.


The family member said the terrorists informed the family that an additional N300 million would be required before Ahmed would be released, but the family said it could not raise the amount.

“They call almost every day. It was only yesterday (Tuesday) that they did not call. They requested for additional N300 million. We are appealing to the Niger State Government to come to our aid and secure his release.

“He was kidnapped while on an official engagement of the Niger State Government,” the family member said.

1 month ago | [YT] | 12

GoldMyneTV

NYSC Orientation Camp to Be Extended From
Three To Six Weeks, New Uniform Introduced

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved a comprehensive reform of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), introducing sweeping changes aimed at transforming the scheme into a skills-driven, youth-empowering institution aligned with Nigeria’s economic development goals.

Among the key reforms is the extension of the NYSC orientation programme from three weeks to six weeks, with a renewed focus on leadership, entrepreneurship, digital skills, and specialised career development.

Some of the landmark reforms include:

1. A technology-driven call-up process.

2. Risk-sensitive deployment to better protect corps members.

3. A redesigned six-week orientation programme with stronger focus on leadership, entrepreneurship, digital skills and specialised career streams.

4. Skills-based primary assignments aligned with academic background and career pathways.

5. Modern governance with civilian operational leadership while the military continues to provide security support.

6. Improved camp standards through a national grading and certification system.

7. A new graduation ceremony to replace Passing Out Parade, and redesigned NYSC uniform that reflect professionalism and national pride.

To facilitate implementation, the Federal Executive Council directed the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Federal Ministry of Youth Development to begin amending the NYSC Act and its regulations to provide the legal framework for the approved reforms.

1 month ago | [YT] | 27

GoldMyneTV

“His step mother arranged her best friend daughter for Alex, for a wife without Ekubo Okwaraeke family’s knowledge and the marriage was done just like that. We were shocked when we heard that Alex was married. I personally asked, what is going on?

I think I was the only family member that saw his c*rpse and stood my ground to supervise what was going on. Her family members were everywhere as if it was their own. The burial arrangement was rushed as if there was something somebody is trying to cover for us.

Nobody is explaining what really happened to our son. How come the bl**d clot on his eyes? Is bl**d clot part of the cancer?

We also heard that Alex Ekubo was brought to the hospital d*ead. My uncle (father) knew nothing about all this. His death announcement was a sh*ck to me and was buried like that. My uncle is responding to his wife because, he is at his wife’s mercy forgetting that we own him and his son Alex.

Ekubo Okwareke was asked to put on white for a boy of 40 years. I’m not writing this to chase anything. Please take away properties from this.

She channeled Alex Ekubo to her family, while there was nothing we do in Ekubo Okwaraeke family that he will attend or show internet. Alex lost interest in our family to the extent that he attends every single marriages done in her family. There was no intimacy between Alex and Chioma, his own biological sister from the same mother and became too close to his stepmother’s children which I don’t understand.

Alex was s*ck and nobody knew till d*ath. He d*ed. We the family don’t know that our son was s*ck and d*ad till it was announced to the public by his step mother. Alex rejected his biological mother while he was alive and doesn’t want anything to do with her. His biological mother is still alive.

Ekubo Okwaraeke family demand an explanation on our son since she could not explain to us indoor.“

~ Another ‘Ekubo’ calls out #Alexxekubo’s step mother, his wife demanding to know how Alex passed, says Alex

1 month ago | [YT] | 29